Professional Liability Insurance-do I need it?
May 4, 2022

Professional Liability Insurance-do I need it?

Do I need Professional Liability Insurance? 

If your profession falls under certain parameters, it is highly likely that a simple General Liability policy will not cover a claim against your business. 

While General Liability covers Bodily Injury and Property damage to others; Professional liability covers damages incurred by negligence, defamation, slander, economic damages and anything else not directly related to bodily injury and physical property damage. 

Trades that need Professional Liability include but are not limited to: Attorney’s/Lawyers, Accountants, Architects and Engineers, Bookkeepers, Computer and IT Consultants, Consultants of any sort, Decorators/Interior Designers, Event Planners, Funeral Services, Photographers, Travel agencies and more. 

For more information, check out this article from Guard Insurance. 

Svendsen Insurance Agency provides Professional Liability insurance through out Connecticut;

New Haven, Hartford, Litchfield, Fairfield, Middlesex, Windham, New London and Tolland counties.

call (203)397-3993 or email 

Tags: professional liability, errors and omissions, negligence insurance, defamation insurance, consultant insurance, connecticut

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *