When we speak of “covered”, we mean those insured under your policy. These include:

  • Named insured and members of the insured’s family
  • Anyone using the car with permission
  • Other people whom share the liability
  • Persons or organizations for their liability arising out of an accident

When getting an insurance policy, you and your spouse must reside in the same household to be an insured. However, if a separation occurs, the spouse is considered an insured for 90 days thereafter.

Also, a family member whom is a resident of the insured’s household is covered. This includes those related by blood, marriage, or adoption and includes a ward or foster child.

Did you know?

If your 17 year old son borrows the car and is at fault for hitting someone else, they are covered under the liability portion of your policy.

If you lend your car to a friend, and they get into accident, they are covered under your liability portion of your policy. 

Posted 4:45 PM

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016

View Mobile Version
The Hartford
Utica National
Union Mutual Vermont
Utica First
Berkshire Hathaway Guard